Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moving to the Family House

Well, we spent a few days here at the hotel, and now we are off to the Family House. It looks like the only room they can fit us in right now has two twin beds, but hopefully soon we'll be in a much bigger room. They said they have a room that has a queen bed and two twins, which will be perfect for visits from little kiddos. Our cell phones have good reception there, so you can call us on those.
This is Shelly again, and I'm feeling a little bit better every day. It will be great once I'm back to walking around without feeling like a 90 year old, but I'll take it. Kendall's been great. He's been my errand boy, getting all the food, medicine, and taking care of moving all our stuff.
We're doing well, besides a little boredom. So feel free to call, email, or even visit! I'm sure once I can get out of my room it will make a huge difference. The Family House apparently has communal living rooms, so even venturing out to one of those will be very refreshing. I'm sure just a change of pace will be nice too.
Anyway, we're off. I think the internet was down at the Family House yesterday, but they are working on getting that back up, so we'll be online again once they do. Thanks for all your awesome comments, I've been brought to tears a few times already just reading them. I'm sure part of that is that I am an emotional, pregnant, post-surgery, hormonal wreck... but it really is great to hear from friends and family.

8 comments:

  1. Shelly, Its good to hear that you're doing well. Are the little ones still in Hurricane? If so, what are your parents names? Jordyn and I are here in Hurricane for a few weeks as well and I thought that Jordyn and Audrey might like to play while we're here. I hope that your recovery/pregnancy continues to go well and we're keeping your little family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting to move into a HOME, at last! Hopefully that bigger room will open up soon, and you can be settled in. I'm sure all of this is tough without a car, so good job, Kendall! Shelly, your job is just to get better! And let him just keep doing what he's doing. We are so proud of both of you, and know Damon and Audrey are in the best of loving hands, and will see you soon. We love you. ~Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! We can't wait to come see you next week. If you read this, Amy please give me your email and I will email you back and give you my phone number. I'm sure Audrey would love to play. We are having a great time with the kids. Yesterday we went to 2 parades, then Damon and Ian and Uncle Adam went swimming. Tonight we are planning to roast marshmellows over the fire. Audrey and Damon are so much fun and we love having them here. Thanks for the phone calls. Our prayers and faith are with you both as well as our little Kaitlyn. By the way, does she have a middle name yet?

    Love, Mom and Dad, Michael and Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,

    My email address is astratton@hotmail.com. I'm staying with my parents, Donald & Terri Stratton if you want to look up their phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shelly,

    I think of you everyday and am praying that your recovery is going well. Please know that we all care about you and your family. Thank you for keeping us informed on where you are and how you are doing. I hope that you enjoy a peaceful Sabbath Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the Family House! I'm so glad you are doing so well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be awesome if we could come visit! I wish! I hope your kiddos get out there soon. It must be hard without them, but impossible with them. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my brave friend. I'm thinking of you and wish I could come for a visit. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete