Monday, August 17, 2009

Wifi!

The wireless internet is finally up and running again at the Family House. This is great news for us, as we have been using the shared library with it's ultra slow computer, and having to set up the camera each time for skype so we can talk to the kids in the library. Also, we should be able to include a few pictures now that we can post from our own computer. And, if you have ever had as much free time as we have right now, you will understand how nice it will be to have the internet. So, that is the first bit of good news.

The kids are doing well. They just spent the last week in Corona with Kendall's family. They had a great time swimming, playing with the dog, having another birthday party for Damon, going to the beach, going to the train museum, playing with their cousins Luke and Sydney, and just being very loved by their grandma, grandpa, and aunt and uncle. They went back to Hurricane on Sunday, and Damon had his first day of preschool today with his cousin Ian. Grandma Ferrin also bought him a spiderman backpack, so I think he's feeling pretty good about himself right about now. We wish we could have been there to see him off, but Becky sent us some really cute pictures. Audrey is doing really well and is at a really good age for all of this. Damon has been having a little bit of a harder time, after seeing us and then having to deal with all the changes. I think everything he's going through is really normal, and 95% of the time he is just having a great time with our families. Their being away from us truly is by far the hardest part of all of this. I just wish I had my adorable, smooshable, kissable kids around all the time. I can't wait until we are back together as a family, the way things are supposed to be. They are coming up for a visit at the end of the month with Grandma Kari, and we can't wait!

We are also in limbo with a possible job opportunity, so things could be changing for us soon. Kendall's aunt will be staying with me while he flies back to Houston. We are so grateful that we have such loving families who have been there for us through all of this. We are trying to have faith that whatever is supposed to work out for us will. It has been a huge blessing to have Kendall here, and whatever happens in the future, I know that he was supposed to have this gap in employment so he could be there for me and our family.

Tomorrow is this week's big day of dr. appointments, so we'll update after that with how everything is going. I think these updates are really important for us to be able to look back on and remember what happened. Blogs are definitley the new journals. I feel Kaitlyn kicking me all the time, and it makes me really grateful that of all my babies, she is the one who feels the need to put on a show all of the time. It's quite reassuring.

Now that we have wifi we finally are able to post pictures, so here are some from our last visit with our kids in San Francisco:



9 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm glad things are going well for you guys. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Kendall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been super hard for you guys, both you two and your kids, to be apart this last month...and our prayers are constantly with you. It's great to hear that Kaitlyn is still kicking away! Kick, little girl, kick! We pray all will go well for Kendall tomorrow and wish you the best...thanks for letting Grandma Kari get away for a few days so she can come visit Joshua =) We love you and think of you constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so wish you had your smooshable babies with you. I'm glad you have the wifi, the internet is amazing!!! Good luck with upcoming appt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelly! I'm not sure if you remember me--we overlapped for a few months in JC last year. Now we live in San Francisco, literally right around the corner from you (we live on 10th and Judah). Sorry I missed you at church a couple of weeks ago--my baby was sick, and then I have been in UT for the past two weeks. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I would love to come visit you sometime. gretchen.b.olson(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly, it makes me so happy to hear that you are doing so well and that you got to spend time with your little ones, hang in there and I know that our Heavenly Father will bless you and your family, we pray for you and family so things will the way they are supposed to. Good luck on the job thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you were able to update and it sounds like things are going so well overall. I've been meaning to call you and I will! If Kendall needs a ride home from the airport or anything while he is here, let us know. I noticed that you have long sleeves on in the last picture. You would not have on long sleeves in Houston! I hope that all goes well with your upcoming appointments. You're in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey This is Jessica Thomas it was so great to talk to you. Looking at your pictures i feel like I was just in your shoes. A little bit overwhelming. I was reading your last post I also had the right side pain and they also told me it was probably scar tissue. I was so scared of every ache and pain I had. I had the side pain for quit awhile. Hang in there. Your Amazing. What a cute Family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear things are still doing well. The kids are adorable. And good to hear Kendall may have a job opportunity.. It is crazy the way things happen the way they do- but sometimes they are blessings in disguise-like you said.
    Anyway- happy to see what the update is.
    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, you look great for all you've been going through. The kids are so big!! We hope things work out with the job for Kendall. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete